Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Old House in Upper Windermere

Wow, I didn't realize that I haven't updated this blog site since the beginning of November. Well, I apologize. I have been super busy lately and unfortunately, due to the slowdowns that the construction field still seems to be facing, I haven't had much new material to post on my site.

However, that being said, I do have another old house that is bordering on being torn down at any given time. This house is located in Upper Windermere and isn't directly accessible from any direction by vehicle, However, by foot, it sits in the back yard of many new and higher class homes. I wonder how long it will be before the owners of these expensive homes complain about the eyesore sitting behind them?



Here are a few shots of the old farm that I collected. I actually took much more but I will only post the relevant ones.



I would assume that this house probably had indoor plumbing near the end of it's life which made me wonder why an outhouse was sitting near the house.



On the enclosed front porch, there were some very interesting items including a few pieces of old stereo equipment (which I am sure was long past it's operating days). I was also greeted by about 5 cats, whom insisted on following me everywhere and showing me how much they loved me. Of course, what I think was really going on was that they were being fed by someone in the area and were assuming that I was going to do the same.





The house itself had a huge padlock on the door and an 'unsafe for human habitat' photocopy hanging on the window. So, for my own safety and the respect of the current landowner, I respected the property and stayed out. My understanding is that there was somebody living there up until last year. I don't have any idea of the history of the old house.

No comments: