Monday, November 2, 2009

Old House in Jasper Place



I was working on a site located at 109 ave and 149 street where an old house was about to be torn down. I wanted to see them actually pull down the house but unfortunately, I would not make it back there before they did it.

This old house was making way for a new 4-plex that will be taking it's place. The lot was actually this big even though the house itself may have only eaten up about an eighth of the property. I talked to an old gentleman that lived across the street who filled me in on the history of this old house. The last few years saw tenants come and go, but finally in the last year, a young man living on the street had taken refuge there. The owner of the property had found the young man living in the house and let him stay there until he was ready to tear down the house. However, there was no power or heat, just running water.

The writing on all the surfaces of the house are presumed to have been written by this young man during his stay. But, he was long gone by the time I was able to take these pictures. As of Friday, October 30th, the house had been bulldozed.









No comments: