Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hail Damage in Stony Plain



I don't know if anyone noticed the siding on the houses in the Stony Plain area, especially in a subdivision known as Westerra? It may be old news to most people but it was definitely a new sight to me.

Last August, Edmonton and the surrounding areas were hit by a severe thunderstorm with wind gusts over 100 km's and hail to boot. Well, I guess hail falling at that speed would definitely do some damage. In this case, it destroyed all the cheap plastic siding on the houses of almost every unit in the subdivision. I took these pictures near the beginning of October and I noticed that there were some siding experts just starting on the repair process at random houses. In some cases, home owners had taken it upon themselves to put some sort of tape, like duct tape or otherwise, over the holes in hopes of keeping the water out. Regardless, the neighbourhood looked like a war zone.

I don't remember the media ever mentioning this on the news (but they may have). This must have been an insurance nightmare for everyone involved.


No comments: