Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ghostbusters and Wind Turbines



Ghostbusters Spotted on the Whitemud

On Tuesday morning, my work partner and I were driving down the Whitemud heading South just past the Quesnell bridge construction. On the other side of the road, I caught a glimpse of a white Chevy HHR (similar to Chrysler's PT Cruiser) driving in the Westbound lane with the Ghostbusters logo on the driver door. These were professional stickers, not painted on. There was nothing else on the car however, just those logos. Being one of the biggest Ghostbusters fans ever (yes, I am talking about me), I was very interested in finding out more about this vehicle. Unfortunately, I was in no position to follow it and ask the driver what this might be all about.

I came home and looked it up on the internet but found no reference to it anywhere. There are other fans who have turned their HHR's into Ecto's but they are far more detailed than this car was. I guess I would suspect that it was just a 'fan' thing.

A Wind Turbine in Nisku

On another note, I noticed, while driving back to Edmonton on the QE2 that there was a large wind turbine to the right of me (East) that looked as though it was still under construction. It was on a tower so I had no idea if this was a permanent structure or possibly a business that builds them that may have possibly just opened up. I mean, what better way to advertise them than to put one up for all to see? I am very much 'pro' alternative power and have often daydreamed about getting myself 'off the grid' one day. Unfortunately, for one person, the cost far outweighs the payback although I know that some people will argue otherwise. It just caught my attention because it really stands out in the background. I didn't get a picture of it because it was too far away to show up on my cheap digital camera.

Anyway, I did a search on the net and there is, in fact, a place that builds them called ESCO Nisku. They didn't have a website but they did have an address:

Esco Nisku
2323–4th Street
Nisku, Alberta T9E 7W7

So, if by chance, you may have also noticed this big turbine and wondered why it was located there specifically? Well, now you know.

No comments: