Friday, July 9, 2010

Write the Nation! (the van)


Anybody who lives in the area of the Whitemud and 159 (or is it 156?) street has probably passed this old pink van on the side service street facing south. I have passed this van for the past few years and always mentally noted that I would eventually go home and look to see if there was still information about it. Well, to my surprise, the website is still up and running although it hasn't been updated in some time. All the info you need can be found on the author's website at this link:

http://www.writethenation.com/about.shtml

It's a shame, in my opinion, that the van is forced to sit on the side of the road and succumb to the elements. When I did a little digging into the owner of the van and more about the tour, you are eventually taken to a website where he offers to sell the van for next to nothing to anyone who wants to buy it. I'm not sure if the person who took it over is now the one with the van sitting out front or if nobody offered to take it for a decent price and it was kinda left behind. You can find this information at:

http://www.pinkambulance.com/

Maybe it's still for sale, maybe it isn't.

No comments: