Saturday, April 10, 2010

Historic School Site


Just north-west of St. Albert in the county area, I came across a private residence that had a small sign at the front of the lot stating that it was an historical site. The sign reads that it was the original location of 'Cunningham School' and that it's service date was 1895 to 1945.

There is no longer a school on the site, just someone's home. I did a search on the internet and couldn't find ANY information whatsoever as to the reason this site is designated as historic. Regardless, I thought that this was interesting enough to post on Alberta Found. Maybe I can spark some information from anyone who may know more about it. I could have gone to the door and asked the owners myself, but sometimes my job does not allow me the time to do those things. Besides, I still respect the privacy of any landowner and feel a surprise visit such as that would be disrespectful.

The property is located at Range Road 263a and Township Road 540 if you want to see it for yourself. Please remember that this is not a public landmark and that any access to the land is considered trespassing without the permission of the owner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting. It is good that you included that last line